Thursday, December 15, 2011

since I can't actually be there

here are my favorite memories:

1. eating ABE pasta and watching home dec. shows
2. sipping tea at the St. James
3. rolling out cookie dough
4. washing dishes at our old house
5. learning to read ;-)
6. talking on the phone as I walk to school
7. shopping/trying on clothes for hours
8. watching you sew our indian costumes
9. Anne of Green Gables every time the guys left
10. learning how to sew
11. perms. for you, for me
12. 8:00 chats with you and whoever else would join us
13. staying up "super late" helping you pack for Clovis, cause I couldn't sleep =p
14. decorating with Nativities and celebrating Advent
15. Hot Cross Buns
16. Christmas school
17. talking late into the night on the patio
18. working puzzels
19. catalogue shopping
20. waking you up (that alone is special, haha) and you rubbing my legs for hours
21. friday night pizza night
22. tagging along to Mom's Meetings
23. flying to Nashville and exploring Franklin TN
24. baking with my Easy Bake
25. next time, long time
26. reading Pride and Prejudice for the first time
27. Sew Creative Club
28. making dinner on my own
29. letting me dress up and wear it all day long
30. SoufflĂ© and Cinnamon Rolls
31. Mother-Daughter Retreat
32. JoAnn's for hours!!
33. ABQ Uptown window-shopping
34. making snow ice cream
35. naps on the couch
36. scrapbooking
37. Ramen Noodle Salad
38. talking through my plans and all that I want to accomplish...
39. crochetting/coloring while you read to us after lunch
39. days at the library
39. getting you all dressed up to go out with Daddy
39. wrapping presents for you
39. making big breakfasts on Saturdays
39. designing kitchens just the way we'd like
39. looking through your wedding book and asking you again and again the names of the same people
39. shoe shopping
39. McAlisters
39. my first manicure
39. reading Love Comes Softly (all of them!) with Risse
39. pesto pizza

1 comment:

Spencer Mom said...

OH, what a precious gift. I just got this today, but a gift like this is always "on time". I'll read it over and over. Thank you!!!