Sunday, May 23, 2010

imagination at play

sitting in a coffee shop is so inspiring to me. Here is a sketch I wrote last time:

Scuffling over to the chair, both tennis shoes untied and the arms of a mega-sized sweatshirt dragging on the floor, he plops down. Hidden fists smoosh freckle-splattered cheeks to the rim of his glasses. Still crusty with sleep, his squinty eyes stare out the window. Sandy brown curls droop over his forehead and the shock partially covers his ears. The sun's rays shine, beginning to warm the earth--and his shoulders. A smile slickers across the boyish face. White flakes fall outside and his young frame shivers. He slips his head into the engulfing hood and pulls his knees to his chest and glances towards the long line. He waits. Two steamy cups are placed on the table. It is a good morning after all.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Caity,
This blog is YOU! I really enjoyed reading your bio, and I like how you have everything set up. :) This sketch is wonderful. You've become quite the wordsmith. Looking forward to reading more and more. Love you!

Spencer Mom said...

Caity, I love your new blog (as you already know). Each category gives insight to a fun area of who you are. I love the quotes! What an encouragement they are. You've gotten so good at keeping a record of great quotes.
Your sketch is wonderful. I love how you take a snip from real live and put words to it and bring it to life for the rest of us. I am blessed.
Keep posting and I'll keep enjoying.
Love,
Mom