Friday, January 7, 2011

"now this is special stuff"

This is a coffee drink that Mama had found online on The Pioneer Woman as she was searching through all the yummy recipes. SO, I made the drinks and Russell and I headed to the game table for a date. We had a delicious time talking and sharing about what we love and want to do in life. =) Here's the scoop:

4 cups of hot coffee (strong!)
6oz of Dulce de Leche (but if you're like me and forget to put that on the grocery list, carmel syrup works like a charm too)
a couple Tbls of Kaluha Liquor
1 cup of heavy cream
2 Tbls white sugar
chocolate sprinkles, shaved chocolate, or other garnish

Stir the Dulce de Leche into the hot coffee until dissolved. Whip the cream and sugar until medium peaks form (you could probably use whipped cream from a can and it would be almost as yummy). Pour the coffee into cups (makes 4) and add the Kaluha and stir. Of course, this drink is definitely yummy with out the liquor, if you so desire. Garnish with chocolate, turn the lights down low, sit back, relax, and enjoy talking with a friend. =)

4 comments:

PrincessR said...

Mmmmm! I will have to add that to my cook book. It looks yummy. And why do you have to drive to ther nearest coffee shop to get a special cup of coffee? Thanks for the recipe, Dear Friend!

the Ink Slinger said...

Now that's my cup o' tea - er, coffee, that is. :)

Spencer Mom said...

So yummy!

Unknown said...

So I think next time, instead of Bucer's, we should have a coffee date at my place and you can make this. ;)