Monday, June 6, 2011

apple strudel

After reading Father Capon's Supper of the Lamb for the second time this spring, I decided it was about time that I start trying out some of his recipes. Saturday I worked on the Puff Paste dough. And o, my. It was delish and totally made up for all the time I spent working in the butter, refrigerating between turns, and marveling at the incredible complexity of simple things in life (really. mix water, flour, butter, and a little patience and a fluffy, flakey pastry comes out of the oven. yes!).



I think the filling might have been the best part though. I mixed cinnamon sugar apple pieces with raisins and pecans which were soaked in vanilla rum. mmmmm

3 comments:

PrincessR said...

Oh, Yumm! I envy all who get to eat it.
You should post the recipe.... :D Pretty please!

Unknown said...

oh my goodness. I am so hungry right now and this is NOT helping! wooooooow looks really good!

Marissa said...

Oh don't worry, it WAS amazing!!! =D Thanks for all the deliciousness that's been filling the kitchen and our stomachs Caity. <3