Monday, September 27, 2010

it's a Spencer recipe

Yesterday, Melissa, a fellow freshman came over and we baked all afternoon. We made Cake Balls, Cinnamon-Cappuchino Scones, Soft Pretzels and Spicy and Sweet Mustard dipping sauce. After that we made a mexican dinner: Green Chile Enchiladas, Mexican Rice, and Sopapillas.
The Sopas were a lot of fun to make. I used Daddy's recipe and they turned out beautifully--after I figured out how to measure a "quailswallow" (one of Daddy precise culinary measurements). I was teaching Mel how to use yeast in out various recipes so I was very happy that they worked so well (it was actually the first time I had made them on my own).

thanks to Mel for the pictures!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That was fun! You'll have to send me the recipe for the sopapillas.

Marissa said...

Looks like fun! The Sopapillas look delicious. I look forward to cooking with you when you're home! =D

Spencer Mom said...

Yumm! You can make that for us when you are home. Are you the one who put the fun table cloth on? :-) Sounds like you girls had a great time and got to bless others as well.

Love you!

Trisha said...

Looks delicious, Caity! Miss you!