Thursday, October 7, 2010

celebrating week 8

Mel and I got together again and cooked. *imagine that* This time we made dinner--it was so much fun!

~the menu~
sausage/onion/tomato/mozzarella penne
(I took pictures, but the lighting makes it look quite un-palatable, so you'll just have to see it when I make it for y'all sometime.)

spinach salad

5 minute artisan bread


and
raspberry peach pie topped with vanilla ice cream
(ready for the oven)
as dinner drew closer I set aside the camera in lieu of hot food and company (sorry readers). we had a merry time discussing finals, crazy college experiences, and the close of our first term; it was a lovely night.


*~*~*
Tomorrow morning I have my last final! and to think I will be done with my first 8 weeks of college by noon--never thought that I'd experience this. wow. I am so looking forward to seeing my family on Saturday--for a whole week. Fall Break is AmaZInG

9 comments:

Curtis said...

It was amazing! The sausage and cheese in the sauce made it seem like we were eating at some fancy Italian restaurant. And the raspberry-peach cobbler... wow. Thanks so much!

Oh, and congratulations on being 1/4 done with the year! You've adjusted really well. It's great having you in Moscow! You're the best sister up here, though I guess I am a tiny bit biased! :D

Spencer Mom said...

It sounds so wonderful! The bread looks like it turned out great. I know the fellowship was sweet. Only one more day!!!!!

camilla said...

The food looks incredible, Caity. We have to get together and cook sometime! I am so looking forward to seeing you on Sunday.

Julie Snider said...

Awww man. I am *so* sad I missed that. It looks like it was amazing, Caity! And yay for finishing finals!!

Marissa said...

Oh my! Looks delish! But wait.... you put cucumber in the salad??? that must have been Melissa's idea. ;-) What a wonderful dinner. You amaze me Caity. Only 20 more hours. Yes, I am literally counting the hours ever time I see the clock. =)

Anonymous said...

Wow Caity - that pie looks AMAZING! In fact, the whole menu sounds pretty delicious. What a great way to celebrate the end of finals week. :) Hope you have a wonderful fall break with your family!

Tom Brainerd said...

Pastor Brainerd has two questions:

First, are those spices sitting on top of a copy of Schaff's "History of Christian Doctrine?"

Second, will we be getting some of this any time soon?

caitygirl said...

yes, Mel inspired the cucumber...and really I don't mind it, if there is more to the salad than just cucumber. ;)

Pastor Brainerd, I hope you do get some soon =) I'll see you tomorrow. Oh, the book is my roommate's copy of Calvin's Institutes.

Anonymous said...

Looks plenty good to me! :)