Saturday, May 28, 2011

quid nunc?

One of my friends had a camera when she came over to study. So this is what I looked like at school...























Almost. Though my stack isn't so big now, I am still reading this summer. ND Wilson's 100 Cupboards trilogy--so far they are really good, Animal Farm, and select books in the latin Vulgate are on my plate now. It's been fun being able to understand (for the most part) the Bible in a different language and seeing a slightly different view of the gospel and letters from Paul. Never knew how cool that'd be! Also, I'd like to get to some other godly womanhood books...we'll see.
~*~*~*~*~
sewing projects:
dress 1


dress 2



shower curtain (I really am hoping to finish the bathroom-redo with Risse this summer before I head back to ID! small things do eventually add up, right?...maybe one of these days)

and I have an apron in the works ;-)
~*~*~*~*~
Enjoying coffee with my Sister!! (this one was Risse's with all the syrup and milk....mine would be much, MUCH darker. haha)






















~*~*~*~*~
This summer is going to go by so fast, I can already tell. What else I hope to accomplish in the next 2 months:
learning to paint in B&W (just picked up my canvases yesterday!)
cook dinners
write more letters
help Mother Dear plan school for the boys
cut hair
games/bowling/wii
sewing/lessons
swim!
dates with my brothers
and of course some girl-time

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how you call her mother dear. And by the way, your coffee or whatever it is, looks absolutely amazing!!!!!!! :D :D ;D
and i want to go swimming. the pool isn't open yet. :S

Spencer Mom said...

Cassie, I love it too.

Caity, I love the dresses. I want to start sewing again and would love to make little girl dresses, and ladies blouses, and aprons, and table cloths, and quilts, and.... :-) What an inspiration you are. So glad to have you home!!!