Monday, May 16, 2011

School is over. I am a sophomore. Moscow isn't home for a while and summer is around the corner. Thirty-two finals and 8 papers, countless cups of coffee (mostly Americano's), and thousands upon thousands of pages later, I am home.
Home is the one place in all this world where hearts are sure of each other. It is the place of confidence. It is the place where we tear off that mask of guarded and suspicious coldness which the world forces us to wear in self-defense, and where we pour out the unreserved communications of full and confiding hearts. It is the spot where expressions of tenderness gush out without any sensation of awkwardness and without any dread of ridicule.
-Frederick W. Robertson
So far I don't have any big, gargantuan plans for the next 2.5 months. I'll be helping Mother Dear with the 3Banditios and cooking meals and hopefully getting into some creativity. I want to paint and draw and sew and decorate and scrapbook and journal and write. We'll just have to see how much I can actually get done. =)

This last year at NSA has been a blast. I've read more than I thought possible and thought harder than I have over the last several years. I've met smart people, little people, famous people and found ever so many mutual friends I don't know where to start counting. I've made pizza more fridays than not and I know all the baristas in Bucer's. I've watched the clock tick past midnight and seen the sunrise. I've seen the world through new eyes.

Today is ginger cookies and english muffins and pesto pizza; today is 60*; today my heart is home.

6 comments:

Bobbi Martens said...

Aw, this is so happy of a post! I want to hear what you end up crafting/creating! :)

Tom Brainerd said...

We delight to have you home.

Spencer Mom said...

:-) Today, I am a happy mother.

Unknown said...

love love love the 3 banditos!
Also, i really want some pesto pizza. seriously.

Corey P. said...

Good to have you back, Caity. :)

camilla said...

i cannot wait until saturday...i have missed you SO much, girl. so glad you're home!!!